Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Prize Winning Red Pepper Jelly

A friend gave me this recipe so I decided to try it out with my homemade prize winning red pepper jelly.    It's been a big hit !

Cheddar Pepper Tartlets
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold butter cubed
1 cup finely shredded old cheddar cheese
2 tbsp ice water (or more)
1/3 cup hot red pepper jelly

Combine flour, parsley and salt.   Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.  Stir in the cheese.  Add water 1 tbsp at a time, tossing with fork until dough starts to clump together, and adding up to one tbsp of water more, if necessary.
Press into disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days (can freeze up to 1 month).
Divide dough in 36 pieces; roll into ball and press into tartlet pan.  Prick the bottoms with fork.  Add jelly and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  Let pan cool on rack for 5 minutes, run knife around edges of the tartlets and remove to let cool.
Freeze in layers separated by wax paper, bring to room temperature before serving.   

Enjoy !


2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this with some homemade cheddar cheese (as soon as I figure that out)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I added your blog to my list of blogs I follow on:

    http://alittlejoyfortoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pin it