Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year 2011

Someone said to me recently .. .”Is there anything you can’t do ! “

Well… there are lots of things I can’t do, but am willing try, at least once (maybe).

For one thing, setting up this blog was easier than I thought.   There were lots of templates to choose from, colours, ad contents, etc.   The content to put into the blog wasn’t too hard either.  Just write about what you know, like, daily life or want to know about.   I take all my own photos and the photos I take are of things I’ve done myself.   The jellies, chutneys, relishes, pickles, etc. I make from scratch.  The knitting and all the crafts are my own too (more posts to come).  I like to garden and hike, so there are more things to photograph.  I am now a hike leader too, so I always have someone to hike with.  What gardener, knitter and homecrafter doesn’t come complete with cats (which I have two).

Soon it will be time to start my seeds indoors for tomato plants from seeds I saved from last year’s tomatoes (soon to be another post) , and various perennial seeds found and saved.    See my simple garden post about starting a successful square foot garden.   

I've been inspired by various blogs I follow, The Simple Dollar (thesimpledollar.com), Zen Habits (zenhabits.net), to name a couple.

Getting back to simple living has been a journey, which I'll also share in a future a post.

There is a simple children's song that says it all:
'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come round right.
 "Simple Gifts" was written by Elder Joseph while he was at the Shaker community in Alfred, Maine in 1848

Guest Photographer: Erica Ivy


Guest Photographer: Erica Ivy


2 comments:

  1. Haha, LBC looks so dejected! Grrr, get away from my beautiful, shimmering, freshly cleaned coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try making cheese! I did it last night and it turned out fannnnndidlytastic. But make sure you use fresh, whole milk. I'm not sure if Sobeys' would have it?

    ReplyDelete

Pin it