Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Simple Scarf - Variegated Ruffles

I just knitted up a fancy scarf for Mother's Day.    It looks quite intricate, but was so easy and quick to do.  I chose a colour which Moms likes to wear and knitted this up few weeks ago so that I could get in the mail to my mom in time for Mother's Day.  This year I will be visiting my daughter on the other side of the country and will miss spending Mother's Day with my own mother.  Unfortunately, we live a distance apart which makes it a little difficult to "just pop in for a visit".    This scarf was made with Sirdar's Salsa! and comes in various colours. 

Check out one of my favourite yarn shops for a look at other scarves made up of similar yarns in the various colours.   http://georgetownyarn.blogspot.com/2011/03/ruffled-yarns.html

Happy Mother's Day Mom !!
 
What "Mother" Means
"Mother" is such a simple word,
But to me there’s meaning seldom heard.
For everything I am today,
My mother’s love showed me the way.
I’ll love my mother all my days,
For enriching my life in so many ways.
She set me straight and then set me free,
And that’s what the word "mother" means to me.
Thanks for being a wonderful mother, Mom!

By Karl Fuchs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it