Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Vacation Time

The best part of taking a vacation is not waking up to an alarm clock !   Taking a vacation has many benefits too.  It helps reducing stress, improves your mental health, revitalizes relationships, gives you creative inspiration, and improves your sleep.   A good vacation can help us to reconnect with ourselves, operating as a vehicle for self-discovery and helping us get back to feeling our best.   Vacations keep us healthier.

I've been away for two weeks visiting family, meeting new people and enjoying every minute.  I didn't have a schedule and each day became a gift of unexpected fun.   I was able to see parts of our country I hadn't seen before; enjoy new experiences; some quiet time; lots of rest; time work on a few knitting projects and take long walks.   

A good portion of my travelling/commute was on public transit (which was an adventure in itself - especially on city buses through all parts of the city).

My vacation time allowed the creative ideas to flow, and since my knitting projects are so transportable, I was able to complete some knitting projects.   I learned a couple of new patterns - the entrelac in the cuffs of the fingerless mitts and a faux cable in the socks.

Be sure to take time off to "re-charge your batteries"!  Taking time away from the stresses of daily life gives us the break we need so that we can return to our lives refreshed and better equipped to handle whatever comes.

 



1 comment:

  1. Janet, I LOVE the fingerless gloves. It was great to see your pics of the trip.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it