Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Simple Pallet Garden

Do you one of those spots in your garden or yard where you can't seem to grow much?
I have one of those spots !  There is one section of the back wall our house, which just bakes in the late afternoon sun, doesn't get much, if any, moisture because of the roof overhang, and the wall itself isn't much to look at. 

In browsing the internet one day I came across this blog (http://lifeonthebalcony.com/how-to-turn-a-pallet-into-a-garden) a perfect solution to our problem - "Turn a pallet into a Garden" !   What a great idea !   And, since we had pallets already at our house from hubbies wood foraging expeditions, I decided to give it a try. 

I used a couple of bags of potting soil and dug up a few drought resistent perennials I had in the garden, such as "hens & chicks" and sedum and a sun loving drought resistant annual - portulaca.

Thanks "Life on the Balcony" for a great idea !

My new pallet garden

Hens & chicks - and a litte sedum peeking through

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it