Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

As My Garden Grows - Part 5

At this time of year there is so much to write about, that I don't know where to begin.  So mutiple posts during summer months on the recipes/yields from the garden and what I've done with them.   I'm trying to make the most of what we grow,  the CSA food share and some pick-your-own local farms.  In order to not waste anything, I'm making up (ie preserving/freezing/drying) whatever I can for later consumption during the winter months when fresh local vegetables are not available.  When winter comes it will be the inside crafts that you'll see the most posts on.

Yield from my garden (2 raised beds 4 x 16 ft and 4 x 12 ft) so far: (Zone 5-Canada)

Swiss Chard

peas
spinach
swiss chard
zucchini
lettuce
garlic scapes
rhubarb
Herbs - into 2nd harvest - Oregano, dill, cilantro, chives, lemon thyme, rosemary

Just planted a 2nd round of swiss chard for fall harvest.


  

Dill


Garden - 2 raised beds (4 x 16 ft, 4 x 12 feet)



Lettuce



Peas




2 comments:

  1. I use a dehydrator, or you can also dry on a cookie sheet in your oven on low heat.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it