Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Scarves - Hand Knit

I've been so busy with working, gardening and preserving and hiking that I haven't had much time for knitting.   Besides, it's been just too hot to hold yarn for sweaters in my lap.  

I did manage though to knit up quickly two scarves for both my mom and sister who share the same birthday month.  I choose colours they both love to wear and tried out the new yarn which is all the craze here in Canada.    One of my favourite yarn shops inspired me to knit up these scarves is Georgetown Yarn & Crafts Shop  (You never have too many scarves.... )

Our Knitters Guild will be starting up soon in September after a summer break and this year I'll be helping out the program co-ordinator.   We always have a show and tell time at our Guild meetings, but  I usually don't have anything to share at our monthly meetings because as soon as I've made something, it's been sent off as gifts for someone.   I do have a couple of projecs in the works (one is actually for me ... a first ! ) and as soon as I have those done they will be posted.   One is the swallowtail shawl (posted on Ravelry - free membership - an amazing site for anyone who loves working with yarn) and a shawl/sweater.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it