Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homemade Gift Series #6 : Handknit Socks

Another knitted Christmas gift this year was hand knitted socks.  I added a little texture to these socks by just adding squares of knit/purl to a simple pattern to make it a little more interesting. 

A sneak peak of a new pair of socks for my daughter who chose this yarn from my stash when she was home for Christmas.   I love knitting with the multi-coloured sock yarn.   You never know what the pattern will turn out to be - and you actually end up knitting a little faster just to see what pattern comes next.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I'm just finishing up a pair of socks and now I want to knit some like yours. Lots of projects, not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been having a very difficult time posting on your blog. I just want to say you socks are beautiful. This is a wonderful on the go project that tucks lovely in your purse.

      Delete
  2. Socks tend to make me a bit nervous. I have yet to try it... but they are in my knitting basket waiting :-)

    Yours look very nice :)
    m.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it