Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Homemade Gift Series #2 : Crochet Afghan

My wool stash over the years has grown faster than I can knit/crochet.   Those who know that I knit/crochet have given me several large bags of yarn that they no longer wanted or were downsizing.   I gladly took the yarn with the intention of doing something with it.  

I've committed myself this year - to not buy any more new yarn and use up what I have.      The first item was to crochet an afghan using only yarn from my stash. 

This afghan went to my daughter for Christmas, who now has her own place, to help her keep warm this winter.

The pattern was a simple one.   Two rows of pattern, repeated.   I found the pattern in "The Ultimate Book of Scrap Afghans".  Here's a link for the pattern is called "Love Affair" found in Google books.


2 comments:

  1. Pretty! Bet it really uses up a lot of your stash. If you ever run out of yarn, just let me know. I'd be happy to share some of my stash. Ha! I really need to learn how to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet! I've posted a comment before, but I wanted to take a minute and tell you THANK YOU for this blog. I have been reading through every single post, and I love it. I found you through Frugally Sustainable :) and I just wanted you to know that I have learned so much in this one week from you, and am incredibly inspired. Thank-you!!
    --Marla

    ReplyDelete

Pin it