Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Homemade Gift Series #3 : Mittens

Another of my handmade gifts given this Christmas were mittens.  Everyone can use mittens during Canadian winters.   I used an old basic mitten pattern from Patons, using worsted weight yarn from my stash and added a cable down the front.

The fun part about making home made gifts is that you can personalize them.  For the mittens I chose colours that would suit the recipient and knitted them according to the size of their hands.   I made several pairs - different sizes and different colours.

Mittens knit up quickly and I made a few pairs in a week - just knitting in the evenings.


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the colors and the cables. Mittens are very satisfying to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty, I love the cable stitch that runs down the middle. These will indeed come in handy *pun intended!*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...we too live in Canada and even though it's Vancouver...mittens are a must at times.

    You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it