What Urban Homesteaders Do.....
I have learned many things over the years, which has become the norm for me, but is now considered the new fashionable term “Urban Homesteading”. See my earlier posts on urban homesteading series. I’m always learning new things and will continue to share and post the things I learn.
A few things homesteaders do: checkout the links on each :
- Grow their own food – see my simple garden, sprouting, my pallet garden
- Start seeds indoors for spring planting
- Cook from scratch, bake ie pie. I've posted many recipes too so check those out too.
- Learn to forage
- Preserve own food, such as canning or dehydrating.
- Re-use or fix
- DIY, crafts such as knitting, crocheting, etc.
- Reduce utility consumption, re-use greywater, collect rainwater
- Simplify various tasks such as laundry, and heating
- Collect and save your own seeds
- Make your own soap
- Bake your own bread
- Learn self-sufficient skills and practice home economics (something that we were taught in high school many years ago – but has long since gone from the curriculum.)