Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happenings at my Little Homestead in the Suburbs


A few happenings at my little homestead this week....

  • Trying the celery experiment - by cutting off the end, placing in water to see if I'll get some more celery growing.  The end would otherwise have ended up in the compost bin.
  • Amaryllis is starting bloom for the 4th year in a row.
  • Planted kale for early outdoor spring plant and pea/sun flower sprouts in my kitchen window

  • Sprouts are growing - broccoli, kale, mung and adzuki bean, along with lentils that are soaking - soon to go into a fresh bean salad.
  • Working on a couple of knitting projects....but can't share yet as will spoil the surprise.   :)
  • Started a garden planner to better organize planting this year.



5 comments:

  1. Question Janet: How do you get your amaryllis to bloom year after year from the same bulb? I have never tried this...I just compost them after they finish blooming. I would like to keep the one that I have now. Any help will surely be appreciated :-)
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, I wrote a post about keeping an amaryllis ... check it out. http://simplehomecraft.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-joy-amaryllis.html :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Janet. I went back and read the post and began to read your old posts from the beginning. It is nice to put a face to the name :-)

    Thank you for sharing your knowledge and bringing us along on this journey.

    Peace be with you,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about your knitting projects. I LOVE knitting :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like things are coming along!

    ReplyDelete

Pin it