Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What do you Save ? Re-use ?

I hate throwing out anything that can either be re-used or recycled for another use.

For instance I re-use elastics and bread tabs as well as plastic bags.   I think I've only ever bought elastics once in my life. 

Now that I make a lot of my own bread I'm re-using the bread tabs for my own bread bags, and for any bag that I want to keep closed.    I also saw another purpose for bread tabs in a recent blog post - they make great tags for labeling all those wires behind your computer and TV. 

I also have a stash of empty plastic gum containers which I'm trying to figure out a use for before they go into the recycle bin.

Any suggestions?



4 comments:

  1. I have the some addiction. I save almost anything that I think I can reuse. I have even been known to stop and pull stuff out of other peoples garbage that I know I can re-purpose, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We reuse everything from scraps of paper to old crayon bits to most containers. If you use beads you could use the old gum containers to sort them by colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those containers look like a good size for dried herbs. I save any unusual glass bottle for this purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I save quite a bit of things, because I"m learning that almost everything can be re-used and that's helping me save money for things like bills and food ;) :) I've been saving the sleeves from the coffee that I buy in the store. I know they can be reused for things :) :) I like your ideas. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin it