Benefits of being a CSA member:
- I have learned to cook in season.
- I rarely go to the grocery store anymore.
- My grocery bill is lower.
- We are eating healthier
- We are supporting local farming
- We are eating locally
- I have learned more about farming and growing my own food
- Eggs from the farm taste better and are very fresh !
- Tried vegetables that I haven't had before, which are not available in my local grocery store, ie sunchokes, black and daikon radishes,
- Food we get from the farm is healthier and tastes better. The farm I go to practices biodynamics.
This year, for the first time the farm is offering a Spring program, which I'm looking forward to and will carry us close to when the Summer program begins.
So, if you can't grow your own vegetables look into a CSA program close to you.