Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

White Knuckle Driving


Last month we had unseasonally warm weather.  The air was warm but the ground was still very cold.  Perfect conditions for fog.

My drive to work one day last month started off not too badly.  It was a bit foggy, but the closer I got to my destination the worse the fog got.  The photos were taken at 7:30 in the morning.   My normal trip to work took twice as long and at times visibility was almost nil.   The fog lasted until late morning.

It is unnerving not able to see where you are going and what lies ahead and not be in control. 

Sometimes the trials of life feels like the fog.   You don't know where you're going. Or you feel stuck wondering what the future holds, or have the feeling that you're trapped with too many decisions or decisions you don't want to make.  Or perhaps you're waiting on something so you can make decisions on your next steps.  It can be scarey.  Sometimes the fog can make you feel panicky - do you stop? do you keep going? do you turn around and go back?

Sometimes you just need to trust and purge on.  Sometimes you need to take the foggy times to slow down, rest, rethink, refocus.   The fog won't last and soon it will be clear and you can see again.


3 comments:

  1. Here in the mountains, our mornings start this way quite often. It is a bit hair raising...but beautiful in itself.

    I have had to learn to drive in this weather, coming from a city environment, fog was foreign to me :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hoping that warm weather we had in March will return soon. It's nice to meet another Canadian blogger, especially one from the same province as me. I'm enjoying looking through your blog and I see we have a lot of the same interests. Hope you have time to stop by and visit my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like this type of fog weather so much. Thanks for sharing this beautiful image with us. I like this amazing and gorgeous photo. You have done joyful work.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it