Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Homemade Baked Beans


In my endeavour to incorporate more beans in our diet,  I came across an excellent cookbook on cooking and baking with beans by Julie Van Rosendaal entitled "Spilling the Beans".    The book has lots of recipes using various types of beans for main courses, snacks, appetizers and even in baking.

The Baked Bean recipe in the book  I substituted the Lina Cisco beans I had on hand and made up a delicious pot of vegetarian baked beans.  Even hubby, who is not a baked bean fan liked them. 

I also cooked up a very large pot of Lina Cisco beans from my CSA farm share and froze them in one cup portions for later use.

unwashed / unsorted Lina Cisco beans
Homemade baked beans




1 comment:

  1. That looks really good. Beans are not the favourite here but as a side dish get eaten up.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it