Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Walk in the Woods to Nourish the Soul

There's nothing like a walk in the woods to nourish one's soul.  The quietness of the woods, away from the noise of traffic.

This week's hike I saw my first Lady's Slipper flower!  It's from the orchid family - such a delicate flower.  I also came across the wild columbine in orange, False Solomon's seal, May Apple and several types of ferns. 

May Apple

May Apple blossom

Lady's Slipper




Wild Columbine

False Solomon's Seal


Someone's been busy !



1 comment:

  1. Aren't Lady Slippers beautiful. One of my kids, many years ago picked one and brought it home. You can't pick them as they never grow back. I have hunted for years to no avail to find another one. You were lucky. Isn't this heat something else?

    ReplyDelete

Pin it