I recently learned to love Kale. They make great chips for snacking, which is much healthier than regular potato chips. The recipe for kale chips can be found in my recipe folder. Kale chips are an easy way to get more greens into our diets. I'm looking for ways to preserve all this kale so if anyone has ideas let me know.
Some things I learned about Kale:
1) Kale is loaded with vitamins, minerals such as Vit A, C, E and K as well as phytochemicals called zeaxanthin and lutein.
3) Lutein and zeaxanthin is optimal for eye health. Both these phytochemicals help reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration and helps protect the retina and eye lens. Kale has an abundance of these phytochemicals.
2) Kale and other leafy green veggies have been linked to lower risks of heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis.
3) Kale is high in vitamin E which is thought to protect brain cells and helps to keep your mind sharp as you age.
4) Kale is also a great source of Vit K, which helps to protect your bones from thinning.
5) Low in calories and is fat free .... and tastes good !