Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Simplify Your Life

Lately I have found the pace of life getting faster and faster.  Work life slowly creeps into family/personal time and before you know it - it all feels blended together.  Time for what matters most seems to have diminished and our minds are so cluttered with stuff, work and to-do lists.    Has it always been this way ?  Is it my age catching up with me?  How do you turn off the outside world and all the noise and distractions that goes with it to actually give your brain the rest it needs.   I know vacations are suppose to do that, however most of my "vacations" seem to be spent either planning an event, doing for others, or completing that long list of chores/house projects that need to get done but haven't had time while working, which has left no "down time" to regenerate one's self.  

I am reading a great book right now call the Joy of Less by Francine Jay.  To get the full benefit it's not a book you'll want to race through, which is a good thing, as these days my mind seems to wander after a few pages and I don't know what I've read.    In order to make any real changes, taking the ideas in this book one step at a time will help with lasting changes.   I have read many books about simplifying but this one has alot of practical and easy steps in all areas of one's life.  From decluttering your home, room by room, finding free time in your day, for a more streamlined, simpler and serene life.

My blog page has changed.   It was beginning to get too busy looking and cluttered/distracting for me so have chosen a simply more serene looking page, one that is to fit my lifestyle a little better.  


3 comments:

  1. I am feeling very much like you.My life is too hectic and my mind is so scattered! I will check out that book as it sounds like it can help me to get my life where I want it to be. I want to be pro-active and be making the decisions on how I live and not re-active and just reacting to everything around me.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet....we seem to be in the same frame of mind. I have this book on my Kindle and will begin to read it after I finish the one I am on right now.

    I have embraced the minimalist approach to my life, because the other way was just too much for me and my family.

    Chaos is evident everywhere, because stopping for just a second or two, requires us to finally look around...and this sometimes will be too painful.

    Enjoying your new look and 'reading' your words again :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the business is the time of year for me. Winter is much more calm. I shall have to read that book. Thank-you for sharing it. And I do like your new page, however I miss your quilt!

      Delete

Pin it