Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Baking Traditions - Nuts & Bolts

When I was growing up my mother always made homemade "Nuts & Bolts" at Christmas time.   I've carried on the tradition of making these fun snacks each year.   Every year my daughter asks if I will be making them again.  I make a large batch as they don't last long in our house. 

Nuts & Bolts 
Mix together the following in large bowl.
I use my large canning pot.
1 family size box of Cherrios
1 family size box of Shreddies
2 bags of pretzels
2 3/4 cups peanuts (optional)

Mix together melted butter and spices in separate bowl.
1 1/2 cups melted butter
2 tbsp worchester sauce
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp celery salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp chilli powder.


Pour butter mixture over mixed cereal and toss until well coated.
Bake in 200F oven on cookie trays for approx
1 1/2 hours.

Enjoy ! 






2 comments:

  1. Best baked thing there is. I love them. And much lower on the fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Auntie makes batches of Nuts & Bolts every Year; she also puts Bugles in hers. They are so yummy !

    ReplyDelete

Pin it