Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Cactus

I have a Christmas cactus that was given to me by a friend.  This cactus was at her desk and when she left she gave me this cactus.   Our office moved during the summer and we weren't allowed to bring any of our own plants to the new building, so I brought this plant home. It sits in my front living room window with a small tea rose plant which is also in bloom.

This cactus has bloomed near Christmas time and near Easter every year.     

Have you ever really looked closely at the flower of a Christmas Cactus or any flower ? And really studied it?    It is truly amazing how unique every blossom is and how beautiful each one is.  The shapes and colours of the petals, the complexity of each blossom, each one so delicate.

We have no words
so complex, so delicate,
so simple or so strong as flowers.
Therefore we let them speak to us.
Pam Brown







2 comments:

  1. I have seen these in stores but I was afraid I would over-water it and kill it. How often do you water it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just water once it becomes dry. So far have had good luck.

      Delete

Pin it