Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dusting off the Sewing Machine

When I got my very first full time job after college... my first major purchase was a sewing machine.  I ordered it from the Sears catalogue and was so excited when it arrived.

I learned to sew in high school, when "home economics" was taught.  I think this subject should be brought back in to the school curriculum.  It's time kids learned basic skills again.


My sewing machine has served me well over the many years.   I've made clothes or myself, including my wedding dress as well as clothes for my girls when they were small and prom dresses when they got older.    Now that grand babies are starting to arrive the sewing machine is getting dusted off and have started using it again.

I would love to have a spot in my house to keep my machine out and if I could it would probably get used more often.    My machine is not a fancy one.  It's your basic machine, but does do zig-zag stitch which sure makes button holes alot easier to do !


sewing baby receiving blankets

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful machine and one that has sewn a lot of love with it's seams.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it