Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Homemade Cranberry Chutney

In time for Christmas ... Cranberry Chutney ! 
This chutney is great with turkey, ham or curries!  It also makes a nice gift or as a hostess gift. 

This recipe is tart and has a hint of curry.  We like it more than regular cranberry sauce with our Christmas or Thanksgiving turkey.


Cranberry Chutney Recipe
4 cups cranberries
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tart apple, peeled, cored and diced
1 cup orange juice
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder

Stir all ingredients together in large saucepan.  Heat and stir on medium-high until sugar is disolved.  Bring to boil.  Cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.  Fill hot sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch of top.   Seal.   Makes 6 - 250 ml jars.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful recipe. I saw bags of cranberry on sale this week and though I should stock up on them, but didn't know what to make. Perhaps I should go back and get them and make these. Janet I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your posts. I also love your labels on top of your jars. I have been admiring them for awhile. Do you have a special site for them or do you make them up. Just wondering? Also at the top left of your blog is an afghan crochet.I have been admiring this and thinking of making one out of my scraps.

    Marlyn

    ReplyDelete

Pin it