Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Home Furniture Repair

My first attempt at furniture repair worked out quite well.  Three of my mahogany dining room chairs backs were broken and not suitable for sitting in.  

Using wood glue, the pieces were glued and held together until dry.   Wood screws were then drilled in for added support and strength. Screw heads were cover over with tinted wood filler and then stained.  A couple of clear coats of varathane finished the job.  



Finished, fixed chair... not perfect but now useable.



8 comments:

  1. Nice Information! I personally really appreciate your article. This is a great website. I will make sure that I stop back again!. Office furniture Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good effort I am also impressed with your effort.
    Jerome’s Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your blog and particularly the above tips are really commendable.This blog is good source for learning about how To repair The furniture.

    Bob’s Discount Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is very informative and cool. Thanks for share this beautiful article.
    cubicle relocation Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very thankful to the author to write this fruitful information.It is worth sharing for other users.Thanks once again
    refurbished office cubicles Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Blog.Thank you for sharing the Information,Very Useful,Keep the good work going.
    Sash Window Repair Essex
    Toughened Glass suppliers London

    ReplyDelete

Pin it