Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Winter is Here...

Vacation is over and it's back to work on Monday.  I've been spending alot of time with my new little grand daughter and helping out the new parents.  I'm going to be in baby withdrawal come Monday! 

I came home last night due to the impending snow storm were were suppose to get. The drive home wasn't fun - roads were really slippery.  The weatherman predicted about 25 cm and so far I think they're right this time!  The wind is creating quite the snow drifts and it doesn't look like the snow will stop anytime soon.  Schools have been cancelled today.  This is the most snow we've had all winter.   Our street hasn't been plowed yet and there are a couple of ski-dooers out there having a good time.  

Good day to get a few things done inside.   I've been working a decluttering and have six garbage bags to go to the Salvation Army Thrift store in town.  I took two boxes of books to the used book store near my daughter's earlier this week and sold one of the boxes.  Still have a box of books left, which I'll try to sell at the used book store here in town. 
re-growing celery
Planting some herbs today for my kitchen window and started re-growing some celery.   The celery experiment worked well last year.  

When the snow lets up a bit, will be out shovelling and make a path to our compost bins and wood pile.   




2 comments:

  1. Lots of snow here, and enjoying it today. Shovelled a little too much but nothing a bath won't solve. Glad you made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no I keep forgetting to keep my celery root to do this, especially with the cost of celery now a days. Thank you for the reminder, I hope I don't forget again the next time.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it