Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dining Room Refresh

Frugal Re-Decorating with just a few changes has given a bit of elegance to my dining room.  This room has been a work in progress for a while now.  

One summer I took a week's vacation and re-painted the dining room, as well as a number of other rooms in the house.  When we purchased the house the dining room was an odd pale green colour.  
I fixed the broken backs to my dining room chairs and re-upholstered the seats. Added small lamp shades  I found at Value Village (Thirft store) to the light fixture.  I painted a ceiling medalion for the light fixure and hubby installed it for me.  

Now the room has a touch of elegance with just a few small changes.

Cost:  One can paint "on-sale" (Home Hardware "Sensation" -CD047) =  $32.00. 
One ceiling medalion = $24.00
One can white spray primer/paint for ceiling medalion = $9.00
Lamp shades (Value Village) = 2 for $2.99 x 3 = $8.87
6 Dining Room chairs DIY recovered = $24.00
3 dining room chairs - fixed (supplies already on hand - used up left over stain/varathane)

Room makeover cost = $92.87




3 comments:

  1. Janet, you did a marvelous job! It looks so pretty and elegant :)

    By the way...thank you so much for the tip in how to have the Amaryllis to bloom again...I followed your instructions and the plant has given me the most beautiful blooms I have ever seen. I never knew that I could get the bulb to re-bloom. It is even given me another shoot that is ready to bloom once again :) Thank you so much...stop by the cottage so that you could see it. :) m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh its not letting me post again. So here I have hit the reply button.
      Your dining room is lovely.Isn't paint an awful price. I am down to rooms with a lot of walls/flooring/window coverings and a bathroom. $$$$$ I save so much each week and out it in a jar I can't remove the money out of. I mark the amount on the calendar including Canadian Tire money.All for reno's.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is just beautiful what a great job full of great ideas.B

    ReplyDelete

Pin it