Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Baby Shower Fruit Salad

I recently hosted at baby shower at my home.   I saw this idea on Pinterest that thought I'd give it a try. 

A fruit salad.....not just any fruit salad but one themed specifically for a baby shower.

I used a watermelon as the bowl.  The watermelon was cut in the shape of a cradle.  The insides were scooped out with a melon baller.  I cut of a piece of the bottom of the watermelon so that it would lie in place on the platter without moving around.    Salad was made with fresh cantaloupe, red/green grapes, watermelon balls, pineapple and blackberries.   

A little baby face was carved out of the cantaloupe.  Eyes were made with a  red grape cut in half and the nose and ears were also from the cantaloupe.   I found a soother from the dollar store for added effect.  

Around the baby cradle was an assortment of cut up fresh fruit.

scooping inside of watermelon with melon baller
Cut off piece of watermelon bottom so that it would not slide off the platter

2 comments:

  1. Oh so cute Janet. Wonderful idea. Hope people ate from it and just didn't admire. A lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Janet...that is just adorable :) m.

    ReplyDelete

Pin it