We learned weren't as prepared as we thought we were.
- As it happened, our wood supply for our wood burning fireplace insert had almost been depleted and there was only enough wood left for few hours of heat and not enough to heat/cook a meal.
- Our propane supply had also been depleted - so our BBQ didn't work either.
- I couldn't find our flashlights - they hadn't been used in years.
- Our battery run transistor radio had disappeared too.
- Lamp oil was also depleted.
Here are a few more pictures of 2 days worth of freezing rain. The buds on the trees survived.
Last year this time we had a flash frost and it killed most of the blossoms on the fruit trees and there were few if any local apples last fall.