Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Eat what you grow - My Zero Mile Diet

There is something very satisfying in  growing  your own food.  I have a couple small raised vegetable beds in my suburban backyard.  I have learned over the years what goes best and what doesn't.  Some years are better than others as far as yield goes, depending on the weather conditions.

Some benefits of growing your own.
1)  Free of pesticides/chemicals
2)  Money saving
3)  Fresh vegetables. 

This year I had an abundance of lettuce, arugula, swiss chard,garlic and green/purple pole beans.  We've had fresh beans almost every night for dinner this past month - all from 2 packages of seed.  I don't think I'll ever tire of fresh bean.  

I really enjoy being able to go out in the early morning before work and pick my day's lunch.

Fresh radish / kale / broccoli sprouts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it