Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Baking Day

Today I took a vacation day from my workplace and used it to get all my Christmas baking done.  As I write this blog I am having a break with a hot cup of tea, while the dishes from the day's baking awaits me upstairs.
Whipped Shortbread

I accomplished alot in one day and happy it's all done now.  Today, I made Thimble Cookies, Shortbread, Fruitcake Squares, Date Squares, Church Windows, Whipped Shortbread, Snowballs and Nuts & Bolts.  Some of the recipes I have shared before and some are listed below.   I like to bake extra each year and make up tins for seniors as gifts.  

I have learned a few time saving tips over the years.   One of my favourite is using parchment paper for lining cookie sheets and baking pans.  Not only does it cut down on the fat used for greasing up your bake wear but also makes clean up a breeze.   Getting squares out of pans is simple and that corner piece doesn't get broken as you try to get that first square out of the pan.   By lining your pans and allowing the edge of the parchment paper to be a little higher than your baking, makes it simple to lift out the entire pan and allow for easy cutting.

Recipes first appeared in Canadian Living magazine about 20 years ago. 

Fruitcake squares from Chatelaine Magazine.
Fruitcake squres



Thimble Cookies awaiting jam or jelly. 

Parchment paper was used to line baking pan - Shortbread lifted out of the pan easily

Shortbread





1 comment:

Pin it