Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Knitting More Socks...

Another "snow" day here and the school buses have been cancelled.  I was out shoveling the driveway in the dark this morning.   The snow banks are taller than my car, which makes it hard to back out of the driveway.  

I haven't been able to hike much this winter.   The trails have taken a beating since the ice storm and most of the Bruce Trail and Conservation Areas in my neck of the woods have been closed until maintenance crews can clear the trails.  I really miss being outdoors.

Thoughts of spring are in my mind as I look through seed catalogues, deciding what I want to plant in the garden this year.  We lost alot of branches in our big tree in the back yard during the ice storm, so will have more sun on the garden than we have had previous years.   

Our little granddaughter turned one year old this month.  I knitted mother and daughter matching pairs of socks.  I may make this a yearly tradition, unless the little one doesn't think it cool to wear the same things as her mother :)


 

1 comment:

  1. those socks are gorgeous, they are very lucky girls.......

    ReplyDelete

Pin it