Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Soup of the Week # 3 - Turkey Vegetable Soup

Winter is soup season in our house.

Each weekend I try to make a large pot of soup.  This week's soup was made from the left-over turkey we had at Christmas.  I froze the carcass for making the stock and added whatever vegetables I had in my fridge.  Each time I make this soup it tastes a little different, depending on the vegetables that are added.  I don't use a recipe - just add what we have on hand.  


First placed left-over turkey carcass into put, covered with water and simmered for a couple of hours, until meat practically fell off the bones.   Allowed the broth to cool and skim off any fat and removed all the bones.

Next added chopped up carrots, parnips, celery, leeks, cabbage, onion, garlic.  You can add whatever vegetables you have on hand. 
 
Added a can of diced tomatoes  

  
Next added spices - marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage and a bit of salt.

Simmered gently on the stove until vegetables were cooked.

Yum !   Lunches are now made for the week



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it