Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Vegetarian Curry


When the weather isn't cooperating for being outdoors, I tend to spend more time in the kitchen.

I'm really enjoying and trying out new recipes, especially ones from the Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook.  Every recipe I have tried so far is delicious !

This vegetarian curry is especially good comfort food !

I did make a couple of small changes with what I had on hand.

Curried Garbanzo Bean and Squash Stew

Over medium heat add tbsp of coconut oil.  Add 1 chopped onion and 4 cloves chopped garlic. Saute until soft.

Add following spices:
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch cayenne
1 tsp of salt 

Next add squash.   Recipe called for 2 delicata squash, peeled seeded and cut into chunks.  I used butternut squash, which I had already roasted in the oven and cut up into chunks.   Added 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, 4 cups of cauliflower, a cup of chopped kale, 1/2 cup of green peas, 1 14 oz can of chick peas, with the liquid from the chick peas.  I also added 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger,

Simmer until vegetables are cooked to desired tenderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it