Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rhubarb Spring 2014

Rhubarb is the first thing that is ready for harvest in my garden.  This year has been a fabulous year for Rhubarb.   We had a bumper crop and have made quite a bit with it as well as put several bags into the freezer too.

Some things I've posted about Rhubarb in the past ......

Some things I've learned about rhubarb  
Rhubarb Muffins
Rhubarb Pie 


and some new recipes to share....

Some new recipes I found over at the Canadian Living Magazine web site are delicious !

A Rhubarb Coffee Cake made with buttermilk.   It has a crunchy nut streusel topping.  I left the nuts out of the recipe as I didn't have any on hand at the time.  This coffee cake is very moist and super delicious.

The coffee cake freezes well and have baked up a couple extra for the freezer. 

Gluten Free Rhubarb-Strawberry crumble.   Recipe called for just strawberries.  However I used mostly Rhubarb and added a quart of sliced fresh strawberries.   I also added some orange zest.   This dessert was served at Father's Day dinner.  Both Fathers (husband and his 90 year old Dad) love rhubarb - especially if it's served with ice cream !



Gluten-Free Rhubarb-Strawberry Crumble

Rhubarb Coffee Cake

1 comment:

  1. hi janet,
    many rhubarb have you harvest. your rhubarb-coffee-cake look delicious.
    blessings regina

    ReplyDelete

Pin it