Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Cluttered Mind ...


The mind is cluttered....
Too many things to think about ...
Lists were made.... then forgotten ....
The mind is racing ...
Concentration is gone ......
Can't think clearly ... 
The mind is scattered ....
The heart races ....
The head hurts .....
Bump into things.....
I am clumsy..
Making mistakes .....
Forget where I'm going .... 
Feeling light headed...
Tears come easy ....

Then the worry sets in ....
At least sleep comes easy these days, just can't seem to get enough ....
I'm wearing too many hats...too many responsibilities  ....
At times it becomes too overwhelming......

Am I stressed ?   Are these the signs of burnout?
Must keep healthy .... must stay strong....

A break is needed to clear the head.......
For now my breaks come hiking in the woods ... away from work, responsibilities ....

There, I said it.  Phew, feel better just writing it down instead of churning around in my head.  Going back over previous posts I noticed lately that they are mostly about being outdoors.  This is where I get regenerated.  


A couple of weeks ago I went to an event and the guest speaker was a young woman, who had decided she wanted to run the entire Bruce Trail in 20 days.  The Bruce Trail - is the longest hiking trail in Ontario, from Niagara Falls to Tobermory - 895 km.  She accomplished her goal this past summer. 

She was such an inspirational speaker, and everyone in the room hung onto every word she said.  She described her run in away that I had not seen the Bruce Trail before.    She described the smell of the earth, trees and forest, the feel of moss under her hands, the bark on the trees and the drum beat of the rocks under her feet.    She is legally blind, born with just 8 percent vision.   She had guide runners and relied on blind faith and trust of her guides to keep her on her path.

As such as in life, blind faith and trust keeps us on track.

Last weekend before the snow came, I was out on the trails, away from the noise of the world and  I listened to the trees and the sounds around me.   I stopped and looked and tried to feel and smell the woods as this trail runner had.    It was an invigorating hike and climbing the hills left me breathless at times.  For a couple of hours was lost in nature and took in what it had to offer.  I was able to leave the stresses behind for just a little while and came back refreshed and ready to start another week.





2 comments:

  1. Oh Janet.... the world can overwhelm... but when we make a conscious choice to rejuvenate, to go back to our center, yours is your connection to nature, you can begin anew. Take deep breaths. Stay quite for awhile and clear your mind of every thought ... and focus on your breathing. Then everything begins to fall into place. ...

    ReplyDelete

Pin it