Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Knitting Projects - Mitts

The nieces and nephews this year are receiving mitts for Christmas.  When I asked my sister what the kids would like, her response was they don't need anything, but would LOVE anything hand made.    Other years I have knitted them socks, slippers and scarves.  All of which are easy to mail.

So this year it's mitts... custom made to their hands and taste.  I used an old Patons pattern - mitts on 2 needles and added a cable on the green pair and some rows of seed stitch on the charcoal pair.  Yarn used was a washable wool blend.



 
The gold fish are back inside after being outside all summer in the rain barrels eating mosquito larvae.  They are much bigger than they were when I first got them four years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it