Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Knitting Project - Socks

I like knitting socks - for a number of reasons .....

1)  They knit up fairly quickly.
2)  It is a very portable project ie, I can carry them with me wherever I go.  The needles take up little space and fit into my purse or small bag.  I can knit in waiting rooms, etc.
3)  You can knit on a plane :).   My recent trip took me across the country (over 4500 km) and spent an entire day in airports/two planes/bus and could knit all the way. 
4)  My family likes my hand knit socks and was told that my socks were the only ones that didn't wear out during a planting season.  I have two family members who are tree planters in northern British Columbia during the summer season.

This Christmas I knitted five pairs for family members.    I have an old standby pattern that I have used for years that I know almost by heart now.





2 comments:

  1. Janet they are just beautiful! Would you share the pattern? by the way, since you shared how to keep your Amaryllis bulb, it has been blooming for me for over 5 years now :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mari - I would be happy to share the pattern with you. What's the best way to get it to you?
      So glad your Amaryllis is still blooming :)

      Delete

Pin it