Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

My One Word ..... PEACE

Do you set New Year's Resolutions ? 
Do start with good intentions ? 
Do you stick with your resolutions ? 

Over the years I've made New Year's resolutions - some stuck, some were forgotten quickly, or I made too many that it became overwhelming.  Other years I've set goals and gave myself some challenges which seemed to work better.

This year I'm trying something different.   

I'm reading "My One Word"  by Mike Ashcraft & Rachel Olsen.   The concept is to lose those long lists of resolutions and choose just one word that "represents what you most hope God will do in you, and focus on it for an entire year"

My One Word is PEACE 



I spent the better part of this weekend deciding on my One Word.  In the process, realized that I've been search for peace for a long time.  This year I will focus on my One Word.  This something I haven't done before.  By focusing on this one word, other areas of life, I think, will fall into place. 

We live in a crazy, fast paced world and so many are stressed.   My workplace is going through tremendous change this year and being the major breadwinner for my family, peace is what I need to help me get through it.     

I'm looking forward to My One Word journey this year and where it will take me. 
  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come to me all who are weary and I will give you strength.  Matthew 11:28
For He himself is our Peace.  Ephesians 2:14
Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you ... John 14:27
A heart of peace gives life to the body.  Proverbs 14:30 
Seek peace and pursue it.  Proverbs 34:14
The peace of God which surpasses all understanding ...Philippians 4:17

peace.
it does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, trouble
or hard work.  it means 
to be in the midst of those things and still and
be calm in your heart.
(unknown)




1 comment:

  1. to know that He is your peace. Knowing that it comes from within you ... I truly love your word Janet. mari

    ReplyDelete

Pin it