Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Kale and Sprout Winter Salad

Sometimes you come across a recipe that's just too good not to pass on.   And, here is one of those recipes.....

This one was passed on to me from my mother.  It was featured in the Montreal Gazette recently.   Credit for this recipe goes to the cookbook "Gatherings" by Jan Scott and Julie Van Rosendaal of Toronto and Calgary.

The salad is called Kale and Sprout Salad (recipe here) .  Kale and Brussels Sprouts are considered winter vegetables here and are usually available all winter in the grocery stores.  

Ingredients are simple ;  Kale, Brussels Sprouts, sharply flavoured Apple or Pear, roasted/toasted almonds (I used sunflower and pumpkin seeds), parmesan cheese (was optional for me).  I also threw in a handful of raisins.  Hubby likes anything with raisins.  He doesn't like brussels sprouts nor is not a fan of Kale, but had two large helpings of this salad and said how much he enjoyed it !   And, would I make again ??

The dressing is quite simple as well, using ingredients I always have in the house - Olive Oil, fresh lemon jice, grainy mustard, garlic, honey, salt/pepper.

To get the recipe click on the link above.    Enjoy !








1 comment:

  1. Not a fan of sprouts or kale either, but may give it a go....

    ReplyDelete

Pin it