Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Forks of the Credit Hike

This past weekend seven of us went out on a 12 km hike on the Bruce Trail through the Forks of the Credit Provincial Park.

It was a challenging hike with steep climbs, extreme treacherous icy conditions and some very muddy spots.

I was very glad I had my icers on. Without them the trails were impassible.  A couple of avid hikers, who didn't have icers dropped out as the conditions were just too dangerous without them to continue.   My icers pulled over my boots and had 1/2 inch spikes and chains.  With them I was able to walk up 25 degree inclines with ease.  One of the best investments I've made, besides my hiking boots.

The trail took us past the ruins of an old Hydro station.  The spring run-off made the Credit River fast flowing with beautiful ice formations.    We stopped by the river for a picnic lunch.   Was a beautiful sunny day, air was crisp and there was quite a cool wind.









1 comment:

Pin it