Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

It's Coming up to the Season of Sock Knitting

It's coming up to that time of year that I knit socks for the next couple of months.  One reason is, I can ! And... I do like to knit socks.  I find it relatively easy to do since I found a good go-to pattern, that I can almost do without looking now.  I've knitted over 50 pairs of socks in the last few years, all of which have been given as gifts.  One of these days, I will knit a pair for myself !

Second reason, my grown-up children love hand made socks.  I was told that my hand knitted socks lasted through a season of rigorous tree planting in the bush, where the store bought ones had holes in no time.

Third reason, they are a very portable knitting project, you can take anywhere ie, waiting at appointments, etc.

As it turns out, I learned at our recent Knitter's Guild Executive Meeting, that we are taking on a sock theme for this coming Guild year.   There will be lots of tips and tricks to be learned at the upcoming meetings, such as various cast-on methods, heal methods, grafting, knitting two socks at a time etc. etc.   We even have a designer coming to one of our meetings, Kate Atherley, who has written a book on socks.  

Will be a fun and informative Guild year ahead.

Happy Knitting :)


1 comment:

  1. You certainly are a prolific sock knitter! Isn't it nice to make something useful and appreciated? Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Pin it